Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Podcasting for Beginners

So, apart from the cyberdrama project which is off the scale for engagement and success I do have a new eLearning project in the works.

I work in our Middle School fours times a week - one lesson with four different Year 8 (12-13 year olds) classes. This term we're supplementing their English studies. Since the main INS unit for the 8s this term is a Science focus, their English work is focussing on Science Fiction.

Only being with them once a week means that whatever I do with the classes I work with has to be simple, related and work to enhance what they do with their regular teachers. So, after looking at the overall plan and a few email chts back and forth with my teachers this has evolved - I'll give the classes time for reading their SciFi novels - or reading aloud to them (or cheating and finding podcasts) and work with them to create their own podcasts reviewing a scifi movie, TV show or book.

Now, I've not done a lot of podcasting with classes before, but surely it can't be harder than what I'm doing with the Drama class...can it?

We're starting by looking at the video Podcasting in Plain English:

What else do I need to be aware of? Any tips, great resources that you know of?

Am I biting off more than I can chew...again?

No comments: