Thursday, October 16, 2008

Coffee with Smarties

Smarties Rainbow


A couple months back I was lucky enough to be included in a group of teachers from across the state who had their work intergrating ICTs in their classrooms recognised.

This afternoon I was lucky enough to be able to catch up with two of these "Smarties" for a coffee and a chat. I am always in awe of these two women who amaze me with their intelligence, drive and energy! Honestly, the conversation jumped between bringing each other up to speed with our current projects, conferences and resources we've stumbled across, our pets and families - it was a fabulous buzz, to spend some time with people who think in a similar fashion to me, and who don't judge me for my internet addiction and late night web surfing, and who kind've got excited the way I do when I mentioned the weekly OZ/NZ Educators net meeting.

After the week from hell I needed the time to touch base with these two women and I am so glad I got that opportunity. I walked away feeling more positive about the direction my teaching is going and the projects I'm juggling - most importantly, I walked away knowing I'm not the only one.

Photo: waɪ.tiː (http://www.flickr.com/photos/your_teacher/193395287/)

No comments: