Monday, September 21, 2009

Living Chaos

I am known amongst my friends as an advocate of chaos. I juggle a seemingless endless variety of roles, tasks and deadlines. For the most part I find to do lists ineffectual and impractical as my attention tends to get diverted easily. I've tried keeping a diary and a calendar, both get so out date so quickly it all seems a wasted effort. So, in the end I tend to just go with the flow and see what happens. Ask my husband, this is a theory I apply to every aspect of my life and one he finds incredibly frustrating as a 'planner". Chaos lets me find the most remarkable, unexpected things and it's for that reason I refuse to give it up.

Chaos isn't great all the time though. The second one element of my juggling act begins to stray from its place all others are put in jeporday.

What's got me reflecting on my love/hate relationship with chaos? The joke of a highly valued member of my PLN, the recovery and continuing fallout from a chaos disaster, and my dusty knitting needles.

I'm actually writing this post on my ipod touch after accepting that timetabling a given time to blog wasn't working for me and escaping to a coffee shop before I head to training. I forgot to grab my book as I left the house so I found myself in a newsagent and for the first time in nearly a year I indulged in my fave knitting magazine.

As I dipped into the glorious pictures of lushious yarns and beautiful knits I sighed deeply and started dreaming of bringing order to the chaos of a ball of yarn and a set of needles.

Which got me thinking, is it that I love chaos or do I really crave making order from chaos?

No comments: