Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Holding Pattern

It never rains, but it pours...that's the saying, right?

12 months ago I was a full time classroom teacher pushing the boundaries in order to integrate ICTs in my classrooms. These days I seem to have trouble remembering the different roles I play at work and outside of work (although, admittedly the majority of them are work related) and I have a confession...

I miss the classroom.

I still have a part teaching load, but lately I've been feeling slightly (okay, greatly) overwhelmed and in many ways as though I'm not doing my best job in front of my classes, and worse I don't seem to be doing much other than spin my heels. Every time I think I've got one issue sorted something raises it's head - and it's usually urgent, immediate and OMG!

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the role I'm in now. In fact I really enjoy having the ability to embed ICTs into the curriculum on a far broader scale than just my rooms (in fact got the go ahead over the weekend to embed another ICT unit into Year 11 English...now to find the time to upskill the staff...) and I enjoy seeing the results of my various crusades - but it's draining and finding a balance is so hard.

There are things I'd like to do that I just cannot find the time to do them! I'm frustrated and I'm tired...

No comments: