Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Seven Things...

I wake up this morning to find people tagging each other for "7 Things You Don't Need to Know About Me" across the twitter and blog spheres and I really enjoyed reading members of my PLN's responses, it really is a way of getting to know more about each other and deepen the connections. It was great reading Rodd Lucier's (thecleversheep) responses and Jarrod's (MrRobbo) over on their blogs and I knew it would only be a matter of time before I found myself tagged. So, my thanks to Jarrod and here's my responses:
  1. I am the only girl in my family - two full brothers and a half brother. I'm also the eldest, there's 10 years between my youngest full brother and 19 between me and our half brother (he was born a month after I moved out of home). Growing up in a male dominant house means I'm well trained at dealing with "boys" and am a bit of a tomboy myself.
  2. I did ballet until I was about 12...when my teacher told me I had thighs like a footballer. I never went back.
  3. I am a self-taught knitter. I got bored one christmas holidays from uni and picked up needles, yarn and a book. By no means am I perfect knitter and my mother-in-law leaves me for dead, but I enjoy making things.
  4. I was commissioned to write a play for a local community I lived in a couple of years ago.
  5. I was "gifted and talented" at school and went to the Univeristy of New South Wales' Scientia program over summer a few times. I have always been a nerd...
  6. I am training to make an attempt at Black Belt in Rhee Taekwondo sometime in 2009
  7. I failed maths in high school...I used to read my novel during class...on the other hand I was a model English student.

Wow, that was actually harder than I thought it would be. Now...seven people to tag...

Beth Still

Simon Brown

Dean Groom

Rob De Lorenzo

Naomi Harm

Liz Davis

Jeff Utecht

2 comments:

Rodd Lucier said...

It was great fun reading more about you as a real person!

I'm also an oldest child, with four brothers. Four of us are tightly knit across 5 years, and the baby of the family is 16 years my junior.

Yet another connection...

BethStill said...

I really enjoyed reading more about you. It is so great to be able to learn more about some of the people in my PLN. Thanks for including me on your list.