Thursday, September 18, 2008

There is a time and a place for everything


Including tried and true activities in the classroom.


This is an activity I did with a class where they created an A3 collage showing the intended representations behind the performance they were working on for "Romeo and Juliet"


I would have loved to have done something like this in Nota, but at the moment the network is too slow and too many of the sites Nota draws from are blocked for student access to make it a really effective integration of technologies.


I've been having lots of dicussions with various people about this sort of thing - it's hard. Policies get locked in and are incredibly laborious to change.
I admit I have days when I wonder what the point is and whether I should just go back to "chalk and talk"...

No comments: